Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Seriously?


Every year I sew the boys' Halloween costumes. My mom made mine and I swore I would do the same for my children. It's definitely not about saving money - that's for sure. It's about making memories, and lots and lots of cuteness. However, since letting M take control over the great Halloween Costume Decision things have really gotten crazy.  

First, I have to take you back to the good ol' days, the days when I got to choose, and could stick to something I knew I could pull off. 

Remember this adorableness?


Okay, so I don't know if adorableness is actually a word, but it pretty much sums up my cutie-pie. Here's year two (mommy was still in charge)...


And then, the third Halloween, when I most reluctantly released control of the costume decision making. The year of the Dinosaur! And not just any dinosaur. A Stegosaurus. One whose plates had to be just so - and the spikes, just right! I had birthed a perfectionist, who insisted on complete accuracy - and it was rough!


2006 was Pirate year. A pirate Captain! I must admit I enjoyed making this one. I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't caring for a brand new baby and a 3 year old all by myself, while trying to sew this fabulous costume, while my husband relaxed on vacation was tdy. But I digress.


We are all aware of M's deep, unshakeable love of Transformers. We all knew what was coming. I started my research early and together M & I came up with this!  I'm pretty sure it almost killed me. We're talking multiple prototypes, duct tape, spray paint and of course, sewing.  I was working late into the night on October 30th. Certainly nothing could ever be as difficult as this one...


And now...this????


Wha? Sonic the Hedgehog? You mean, the blue guy with spikes coming out the back of his head and along his back? 

Let me reiterate - Giant. Blue. Spikes. Coming out the back of his head!!!!!

Why does my son hate me? Why do I let him do this to me?

It's gotta be that adorableness thing...




He's using it against me.



No comments: